Tuesday 8 December 2015

Brainstorming

Brainstorming

Once I had decided what the outcome for my project was going to be I did a big brainstorm outlining everything I could add to my app.  I could go down the typical route and look at every minor detail that someone with an eating disorder or who may think they have one but I don't think that would be helpful.  It's already out there!


I want to create an App where someone any age can complete a simple assessment and get help if needed.  The app will give the user a colour based on there assessment.  From my research giving percentages or ratings on the possibility of having an eating disorder doesn't really help you out.  It shows no direction and doesn't help you out.  If anything the apps I looked at were pretty useless.  They seemed more like something you would find on Facebook or another social media site.  Eating Disorders is a serious issue and needs to be taken serious.

The app will take into consideration the users answers from the assessment and suggest ways on how the user can help themselves with tips and ideas on ways to help.  The app will also show the pros and cons of each suggestion so the user has a better understanding of each.  If the user doesn't have an eating disorder and only has some symptoms the app will suggest ways for them to improve themselves instead of leaving them panicking and making them feel vulnerable.

If needed the option to speak to a professional via video or phone call, chat anonymously to others or make an appointment to talk to someone privately will be available.  What alot of people don't realise is that it really does help to talk about things no matter how difficult it is.  It also takes a serious amount of confidence to do so.  As stated before in a previous blog it is common for women to talk about there body shape and weight where as men rarely do so.  My app will be compatible for both genders instead of focusing just on males.  Even if I wanted to focus just on males it wouldn't work because eating disorders affect both.

There will be no limitations on where the user can use the app.  They will however need a gps connection for booking an appointment for the app to locate them and suggest local places.  When looking for places to get help for myself and the project I found it difficult to find any because there wasn't much around.  Even asking people wasn't good as they themselves didn't know.  When this happened me I felt worried about other people who are in a similar situation and are scared because they don't know where to go to get help.

The user will have to option to enter there name, date of birth gender or stay anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment