Monday 28 December 2015

App - Updated Storyboard / Invision App / Video Play Through

The Assessment


The assessment section of the app has been re-designed.  I have also added a Menu button to the top right where the user can access the other features of the app.  I have added the final designs for the icons as well.  They really did need updated and drawn properly as the other set was all over the place.  As said before the user will need to complete each section in order to complete there assessment.  This layout and overall design is a major improvement I just need to make one more adjustment.  The Next button should be faded out when a section hasn't been answered because it looks active which could frustrate the user and make them think they can progress with out completing everything.


The Menu



Here the user will have access to various parts of the app.

Something about you: The user may want to make a change to there added information.

The user can enter there name, age and gender.  After entering this information they can also appear anonymous.



Eating Disorders: Here the user can learn about the different Eating Disorders and ways to prevent them.  The close button on the screens about the disorders will take them back to the main disorders screen.  I actually shouldn't have a close button on the Eating Disorders screen because I don't know where it will take them to.


Assessment: This will bring the user to the Assessment screen.

Get Help: With the gps on the users mobile device the app should pick up there location and bring up local places that the user can contact if needed.  As well as the names and addresses of the places and phone numbers the user can Make an Appointment,Talk to a Professional via phone / video call or chat anonymously based upon a subject.



Information: The user can learn about the app its creators (me) and its overall purpose.




End Of Assessment


After completing the assessment the user is given a colour which relates to them showing some symptoms or alot symptoms of having an eating disorder.  The app will suggest ways for the user to help themselves or offer them alternative help.

Colours to Indicate

Based on the users feedback they will be placed into 1 of 4 categories:
  • Red / Pink - Danger - A lot of symptoms of an eating disorder.
  • Orange - Middle of Danger - The user has some symptoms which could mean they have a possible disorder or could be heading towards having one.
  • Yellow - Ok - The user has some symptoms of an eating disorder but nothing too serious.
  • Green - The user has a couple of symptoms of an eating disorder but again nothing too serious.

Whether the user has positive or negative results the app will suggest methods in which they can help themselves or seek help from an outside source.

Motivational Messages

As the user uses the app Motivational messages will randomly pop up giving them the courage and support needed.  When progressing through each section the user may feel a mixture of emotions which I feel that these messages will help them feel better and know that everything is ok.





Updated Storyboard

Invision App - Make my app WORK!

Throughout the creation of my app I will be using Invisionapp for testing.  I can create hotspots linking screens.  I can also send a link to my own or another persons mobile to use and test the app for me.  I can use feedback and go back and make changes when necessary.

Video Play Through so far - Showing a process

Using a screen capture software I was able to record myself using my app.  So far I am pleased with how things are going.  Yes some things do need refined here and there but its definitely coming together.  I need to add more to the app and continue testing it.  With the user testing I will be able to better my app.


No comments:

Post a Comment